Ciao, Opera Mavens. Great opera news keeps rolling in.
Ojai Festival at Berkeley, June 15-17. Opera fans will be especially interested in the Friday, June 16 performance.
Fri, June 16
7pm, Zellerbach Playhouse
With Ojai at Berkeley music director Vijay Iyer, composer George Lewis, and Cal Performances executive and artistic director Matías Tarnopolsky. Free to all ticketholders of the concert that evening.
8pm, Zellerbach Playhouse
George Lewis’ Afterword, an opera
International Contemporary Ensemble (ICE)
Joelle Lamarre, soprano
Gwendolyn Brown, contralto
Julian Otis, tenor
Sean Griffin, director
Narda Alcorn, production stage manager
Steven Schick, conductor
Sven Furberg, projections
GEORGE LEWIS: Afterword, an opera (Bay Area Premiere). A rare performance of George Lewis’ experimental Afterword, an opera, based on a chapter in his multiple-award-winning history of the Chicago-based Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians (AACM).
See What’s available for Streaming on The Opera Platform. The one I enjoyed most was The Golden Cockerel.
- Arminio by Georg Friedrich Handel from Handel Festival Karlsruhe >>
- Le Vin herbé by Frank Martin from Welsh National Opera >>
- Lucrezia Borgia by Gaetano Donizetti from Palau de les Arts >>
- Orpheus by Claudio Monteverdi and Elena Kats-Chernin from Komische Oper Berlin >>
- Semele by Georg Friedrich Handel from Badische Staatsteater Karlsruhe >>
- Sorochintsy Fair by Modest Mussorgsky and Vissarion Shebalin from Komische Oper Berlin >>
- Space Opera by Aleksander Nowak from Poznań Opera >>
- The Creation by Joseph Haydn from Rambert >>
- The Golden Cockerel by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov from La Monnaie Brussels >>
- The Passion by Johann Sebastian Bach, James MacMillan from Streetwise Opera and The Sixteen >>
See What’s Coming Up at the Vienna Staatsoper.
See What’s Coming up at the Bayerische Staatsoper in Munich.
For Fans of Joyce DiDonato (Merola 1997): Her concert at the Liceu in Barcelona. http://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/076008-000-A/joyce-didonato-gran-teatre-del-liceu-barcelone
Finally, If You Are An Opera Singer: Complete Package Performer is delighted to announce the “2017 Acting for Singers Intensive Training”
August 26, 27 and September 9,10
in San Francisco
+ Sharpen and enhance your acting skills
+ Stand out in auditions and performances
+ Create compelling dramatic presentations
Over two weekends: receive Acting workshops, Acting and Musicality master classes, and Scene and Aria staging culminating in a public Performance. This intensive is for professional, emerging professional and advanced college level singers. No age limit.
Please send a current resume, headshot and video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: July 1, 2017
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by July 10. Payment is due upon acceptance. Once payment is received you will be notified of your assigned scenes by no later than August 1.
Contact: Susan Gundunas, 415/568-6555
Soprano, AEA Actor, CEO/Founder of Complete Package Performer
Voice Faculty, UC Berkeley